We all know that Zumba® changes lives. Many say that is actually saves lives!
If you would like to become part of the largest and most popular fitness program and network on the planet – consider getting licensed to teach Zumba® Fitness program!
Zumba® is a registered trademark used under the license. In order to obtain your license, you will need to enroll in the workshop specifically designed for beginner instructors. Dance or fitness experience is certainly an asset but is not necessary.
The workshop lasts between 8 and 10 hours. You will learn about what registered trademark is and how to use it properly. You will learn basic steps from variety of popular rhythms such as Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia, Reggaeton, etc, and you will learn how to make a choreography properly while using the Zumba® Formula. Other topics such as structuring class, networking, continuing education, advertising and more, will be addressed at the workshop. You will also receive a CD and DVD with songs and chreographies that you can take home and continue to learn.
The first step is to attend one of the Zumba® Basic or Jump Start Gold™ Instructor training. To view the dates and locations of upcoming trainings, visit the Instructor Training page.
How to prepare for the big day?
- Be sure to bring plenty of water and towel. Zumba® workshops tend to be very sweaty!
- Bring snacks! You will need a lot of energy throughout this day
- Change of clothes as it is no fun being sweaty and wet all day
- Note pad and pen to take notes. You will also receive training manual and handouts as well
- Credit card in case that you opt to join the Zumba® Instructor Network membership. The membership offers you monthly supply of music, DVDs with choreography every other month, access to conferences, and access to additional member-only workshops. This membership is optional.
- Additional $$$ in case you desire to buy Zumbawear(tm) which is usually available at the workshop. Those colorful and spicy clothes is hard to resist!
- Be prepared to meet and network with other instructors and instructors-to-be. Zumba® community is highly social and friendly.
HAVE FUN and let us know how it goes!
Your Zumba® Classes in Toronto team